they are DONE.
yes. for real.
DIY TUTORIAL :
1. grab any pair of jeans - old, new, baggy, skinny, (i prefer the boyfriend style).
2. you will need a cheese grater, fabric scissors, and an exacto knife - i used (i know this sounds funny) a letter opener with really small but sharp teeth.
3. slash the denim horizontally to whatever length desired. do not cut them too close to each other or else you can't shred them very well.
4. take you exacto knife or letter opener and grate along the edges of the line you cut.
5. other effects - slash vertically as well as diagonally, they can be crooked. HOWEVER YOU WANT THEM :)
6. the finishing touches - grab the cheese grater and rub along the areas that are not cut (or you can rub along the ones that ARE cut) until the denim fluffs a little
7. EL FIN! TADA! VOILE!
you have yur shredded/destroyed/or even BLEACHED (just spray them with bleach in all areas and then make sure to throw them in the wash by THEMSELVES) jeans!
PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST THIS DIY ON YOUR BLOG, THANKS.