3.26.2011

What should I wear//BLOUSE + SHORTS + CLUTCH


A welcome to spring--the contrast and pairing of the nude and the blue hues--I love it. I've always had a dream of pairing a simple, finely tailored blouse with a lovely printed short. I like the idea of a statement necklace somewhere in the mix too. and who can go wrong with a nice, envelope clutch? I need one.
1 - Chloe
2 - Beth Lauren Khaddar
3 - Dorothy Perkins
4 - Chloe
5 - Cacharel


Mix of denim, black leather, and metal, in a fine way. I like the chambray with the neckbow and pleats paired with the high waisted leather shorts. Paired with a great clutch by Coach's designer Krakoff (a resemblance of a belt there, awesome!), even better ankle boots, and a studded cuff--it all comes together smoothly.
1 - J. Crew
2 - Mariska's Vintage
3 - Reed Krakoff
4 - Acne
5 - IRO

The prepster hits the streets of Paris in this outfit. The crisp collared shirt, with the extra hint of black on the cuffs, pairs nicely with some high waisted suede shorts. I love the idea of a ballet flat that actually looks like a point shoe (awesome square toe with the ankle straps) and the iconic designer quilted clutch (convertible to handbag!) and bangle.
1 - Chloe
2 - Hermes
3 - Chanel
4 - Chloe
5 - Topshop



Modernize and minimal-ize with a two tone color scheme, and strict silhouettes--nothing more except a hint of silver in the lining of the shoe and that epic silver cuff by japanese designer Akaya Nishi (so artistic, creative... I can't handle it!). Straight lines and smooth curves complete the look--+++look at the engraving/embossing on that clutch!
1 - Acne
2 - Akaya Nishi
3 - Ostrich
4 - Senso
5 - Alexander Wang



xx

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the 1st set! :)

Haute-fly said...

cute ensembles. I really likle the second outfit build,

Lovely post,
Haute-flyxx

Tegan said...

the first set is the best - very spring time! :) xo

Blunettes said...

like the bracelet from the last set!

. said...

love this post! the second outfit is really beautiful !

Unknown said...

Anything from set 1,2 or 4. Not that that comment helps. Hmmm...more critically? Nah, can't be more critical- you've made amazing picks.

Elizabeth said...

Last outfit set is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

love the Cacharel shorts!

Michele said...

These are some great pickings! Love the studded bracelet!

Tiffany said...

I wish I had every single piece in my closet. I love the outfits you put together. Everything works perfectly.
-Tiffany

Unknown said...

Totally lovin these looks! They are so Chic and definitely resemble your style:)

Also I watched the video above and LOVED it! Absolutely gorgeous detail on those dresses!!!
And thank you so much for your comment on my recent post:) Your soo sweet! The model of camera I use...is a Sony Alpha a290

Updates By Her said...

I love your blog!! :)

www.thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com