9.13.2011

Prabal Gurung Spring 2012 RTW

via style.com

Prabal Gurung's recent collection truly blew me away. When I was writing my style notes, I found myself constantly picking up my pen to write new details that differed from the look before. Despite all the lovely intricacies and differences, I still found the entire collection quite cohesive, and beautifully at that. 

The palette of cool purples and blues amidst stark white and black was refreshing and pleasing. I'm a sucker for digital prints/manipulation so I was well pleased with his symmetrical Rorschach-y multicolor prints splattered across the cloth like paint--which brings me to another point-how cool are those pants with the metallic "drips"?! They emanate a different kind of grunge chic... in all it's purple shiny-ness. I couldn't get enough of the wispy tendrils of fabric hanging on the sides of the all black and white dresses like angels' wings, so fairy-like. 

It seemed like with every other look there was a different hue, color, texture, arrangement, or story being portrayed. 
Well done, Prabal!

xx

BLOGLOVIN' || FB FAN || LKBK || CLAIRE'S

9 comments:

Natalie Suarez said...

so cute!! LOVE :)

xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

Swoon. x hivenn

California Dreams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
California Dreams said...

They are so beautiful, I don't know why but the collection reminds me of fairies, like all of the dresses came from a fantasy book :)

http://californiaxdreams.blogspot.com

Agora tô pronta said...

Hi honey, love the blog.
great photos.
What do you think of following one another?
Kisses.

Agora tô pronta said...

Hi honey, love the blog.
great photos.
What do you think of following one another?
Kisses.

the funky fashionista said...

Love the collection! That teal blazer just caught my eye! So gorgeous! I love the use of purple in this collection! It has that royalty feel to it. If I was a princess or royal like Kate Middleton, I would definetly rock these looks! So feminine yet structured!

http://thefunkyfashionista.blogspot.com/

lucille said...

speachless!

Isabella said...

This collection is gorgeous!