3.23.2012

Mugler FW12






images via elle

I was at a lack of words (namely, adjectives) after clicking through Nicola Formichetti's newest collection for Mugler a couple of weeks ago--and I still am. 
The collection sent me mixed messages of "Futuristic-Exoskeletal-Snowman-Beetle," but it was truly fantastic. 
Staying true to Mugler's avant garde aesthetic, Formichetti executed a jawdropping line of pieces that seemed to be from another world. His playing around with volume and texture (awesome fur sleeves and fringe) on pure white was a subtle but phenomenal start to the show. The exaggerated peplums also contrasted beautifully with the sculpted shoulders. 
With more cutouts appearing, I sensed a change in direction. The collection shifted from winter whites to almost insect-like silhouettes. I liked to think of the structured dresses as either beetles or some crustacean.

All in all, fantastic.
And if you haven't seen this yet, watch The Platform's interview/vchat with Nicola on youtube!

xx

BLOGLOVIN' || FB FAN || LKBK

1 comment:

Chila said...

Love this collection, I don't use to love those kind of experimental clothes, but this... I love it