2.16.2013

NYFW | FW13 Round-up

Before I proceed with my little review, I would like to say that I was initially not impressed with Proenza Schouler the first time I clicked through it (maybe because I was hyped up on all the gorgeous brights they used last season). Upon further examination and after viewing some amazing video footage, I fell in love. To achieve a seemingly average piece of fabric, Jack and Lazaro used intricate mechanisms (woven strips of leather for that "tweed" and laser cut leather for those lace/eyelet-like dresses!) and created something that needed to be seen and felt up close to get the full impact. Pair those impeccable details with a mixture of both timeless and modern silhouettes, and you get a truly fantastic collection. 
HONOR
Honor took me on a trip back to my childhood days of cutesy ballooned skirts and dresses worn over big blouses. The saccharine palette of pinks and pastels fit quite well with the feminine qualities of the metallic and embellished frocks. Also, the cut of the neckline in that last dress is killing me. 
Yes, this review is a bit late (it somehow got lost in the scuffle of fashion week). To put it plainly, this collection was sexy. The play on a voluminous piece of cropped outerwear with a tight-fitting, thigh-high slitted leather dress was very well done. We also got a sense of great craftsmanship in the details, from the seamless mesh of leather and fur to the geometric piecing of the leather each of those va-va-voom numbers. 
Ah, another palette cleanser of fashion week (and what a great one with which to end!). Narciso's use of poppy hues translated immaculately well into both the solid pieces and the slinky silk dresses, and the combination of the two was stunning. Those several architectural coats and generally edgy cuts sealed the deal. 
images via style.com
With that, fashion week has relocated to LONDON!
LFW posts soon!
xx
INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | FACEBOOK

2 comments:

eliza said...

So in love with the detail and fabric at Proenza, and I desperately want to add everything from Narciso Rodriguez to my wardrobe right now.

x

Cindy C. said...

Love every single look here, most of all Altuzarra though (: Can't wait to see LFW pics, I wish I could attend- maybe someday in the future hopefully! (:

xoxo,
Cindy C.
http://styleologie.blogspot.com/