1.30.2013

PRE-FALL '13 Round-up

Please forgive the gap time between the last post and this one (!) I recently settled back into my dorm in the city!
Anyways, here are the final round of pre-fall looks I call my favorites,
BARBARA BUI
Even by the styling of the photos, this collection exuded an edgy vibe synonymous with, say, a downtown girl (a la Alexander Wang). Naturally, I was drawn to the heavy use of rich leathers and a minimal color palette.

CARVEN
I was most intrigued by the sheer variety of colors, textures, and silhouettes used by Henry in this pre-fall collection. An otherwise classic rendition of a speckled wool coat was reinvented with an other-hued flouting lapel and then mid-collection there appeared a beetle-green metallic number that blew my mind. The curved hems were also ace. 
VALENTINO
I can never resist a classic collection with a twist. The pre-fall line was a grand mixture of daring newness (metallic PVC mini, yes) and finely tailored classics (those pleat trousers are everything). A dreamy canvas of grayscale florals along with rich magentas and ballet slipper pinks sealed the deal. 

ROLAND MOURET
I thoroughly enjoyed the play of volume throughout this pre-fall collection. The closely cropped moto jackets with ballooned sleeves, the gigantic color-accented lapels, the lantern skirts-all tailored to perfection.

images via style.com

xx
INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | FB FAN | LOOKBOOK

3 comments:

Doni Brown said...

These fall collections are looking nice!

http://donibrown.com/
http://donibrown.com/

Tian said...

Roland Mouret is amazing!

aspiringforever.blogspot.com

amalie said...

you just picked out my faves. lovee!!!
x