10.03.2013

SS14 | Paris Round-Up

CÉLINE

...And Philo's phenomenal reign CONTINUES! This collection was magnificent and really well executed--although this is to say only after I clicked through the pieces twice. The generally minimal color story and almost clinical cleanliness to Philo's work was instead overrun with splashes of color and bold, in your face prints this season. Curvilinear strokes complemented the angular cuts of the tops while a plethora of textural details from fringe and delicate pleats to metal chokers kept the audience engaged from start to finish. This was definitely not the same Céline from past seasons, but I LOVE IT!
CHRISTOPHER LEMAIRE

Comfort and sophistication all rolled into one, Christopher Lemaire's newest collection had me head over heels for oversized pieces in neutral tones. The pajama-esque feel to the button ups and baggy trousers is just so appealing, especially for those mornings when you don't want to get out of bed (#fashionstudentlife). I'm currently loving the knee-length short/bermuda silhouette as well as long tunics/skirts paired over pants, they just both exude runway coolness. 
KENZO

After seeing the Opening Ceremony show during NYFW, I was already looking forward to what would be presented at Kenzo for PFW. The "dripping" look of the hems of the tops drew me in right from the start--paired with the colorblocked trousers, they were giving me such "cool girl" vibes (you could totally see that on any well-dressed downtown girl in SoHo/Meatpacking). Then the palette moved transitioned into vivid blue tones, with that lovely sketch-like texture on the fourth dress and the following looks. Last but not least, those telephone cord necklaces were AMAZING (#lookstotry). 

HAIDER ACKERMANN

If I'm asked who my favorite designer is atm, I usually respond with Haider Ackermann. Elegance and ease paired together always spark fireworks whenever done by Ackermann. I really love the heavy menswear influence in his pieces, although he manages to still keep sex appeal in various ways, from plunging necklines to high hemlines. As always, luxe metallics and on point layering made it one of the ace collections of Paris Fashion Week. I'm looking forward to menswear FW14 so much
CHRISTIAN DIOR

Raf Simons welcome spring/summer like no other fashion house in Paris. Full on garbed in dazzling fresh floral fixtures, the venue foreshadowed what was to come inside on the runway. Many elements were reflected in the waterfall of flowers above, from the beautiful cascading joaillarie on the necks and necklines of the garments to the diagonal draping of the skirts and general asymmetricality of the pieces.  The last twenty or so looks amused me, with an army of models clad in metallic dresses and tailored pantsuits storming the runway. My favorite pieces have to be the jewel encrusted bustier and the white vest in the third look. Bravo to another stunning and thorough collection by Mr. Simons!

STELLA MCCARTNEY

 McCartney's SS14 collection embodied comfort, wearability, and delicate beauty all at once. From the languid trapezing dresses in the first few looks (that rust is killing me, I actually tried on a last size  rust dress today but I was sad to find it had a hole in it) to the absolutely gorgeous barely-there lace frocks towards the end, the collection was a start-to-finish spring triumph. The way the lace overlay was done in the bodices captured my attention all the way to the end (there was also one bright red number that was perfect). A nice, airy balance to her strong and structured outerwear for FW13, McCartney proves herself a versatile designer once again. 

images via style.com

And that concludes my fashion week/month posts! 
Hope you guys enjoyed my coverage for SS14.

xx