2.08.2013

NYFW | FW13


 CREATURES OF THE WIND
The palette of searing hot orange, deep ochre, and earth tones at Creatures of the Wind was originally what drew me in. Sharply tailored silhouettes, magnificent colorblocking, and spectacular details (diamante encrusted tie, double lapel, leather piping, YES) worked beautifully with the saturated hues. 

KIMBERLY OVITZ

I will forever be mesmerized by the drapey, languid nature of Ovitz's gowns; on the other hand, asymmetrical thigh high slit hems and deep V necklines make for a killer look. Add in some incredible graphic prints and I'm simply sold.


M. PATMOS

Marcia must teach me how to layer, because I want to be dressing like this until the weather warms up (not likely, thank you Nemo). The sleek, tailored bottoms of slit skirts and trousers look great when paired with semi-bulky outerwear pieces like the layered cardigans/sweaters and the simple but chic zippered coat. Also, the turtleneck contraption will be on my mind for a while.


TADASHI SHOJI

Ethereality is one of my personal requirements when I deem evening wear to be "beautiful." Case in point, Tadashi Shoji gave us an array of lacy cocktail frocks and dark embellished gowns but I was stunned by the icy numbers in snow white and muted blue. The high neck, princess sleeve, columnar gown translated well for the lace and chiffon as well as the velvet version. Leave it to the last look, a theatrical mermaid gown of lace and volume, to end the collection on a rather high note. 


TIMO WEILAND

Crisp pleats will get me through the darkest of days (I actually recently purchased a black skirt in the same silhouette of that metallic brocade one). I loved the overall cleanliness in the tricolored collared blouses as well as the neat knitwear. A very wearable and desirable collection indeed!

images via style.com

INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | FB FAN | LOOKBOOK

2 comments:

eliza said...

These are all so beautiful. I could easily wear any one of those M. Patmos or Creatures of the Wind looks.

x

amalie said...

stunnning!!! x