6.10.2013

RESORT 14' II


 ROCHAS
To be honest, I was uninterested in the first half of this collection but the dresses later on caught my attention. A dress that could otherwise be very "grandma" was slit up the thigh with a tiny belt, adding an instant chic factor. I'm also obsessed with the fantastic paper-like texture on that green skirt and the volume of the pink dress. Lastly--I will never get over my obsession of orange and purple/blue, it's one of my favorite color pairings.

 BALENCIAGA
Mr. Wang did another cool black and white job this season. Drawing from what appears like Balenciaga heritage, he successfully executed pieces with round silhouettes, strong drapery, and controlled volume like the stunning dresses and separates throughout. The fringey sandals and hats are growing on me too...
3.1 PHILLIP LIM
I literally had to sort down my favorite looks to 6 in this collection; everything was just so incredibly wearable and appealing. I loved the overall athletic look in the pieces, from the boxy look of the short sleeves on the shift dresses to the track pants and bermudas (sheer...so perfect). I was also astounded by the color palette, which spanned from amalgamation of brights to all neutrals in a flawless manner. Also, the accessories are so on point--give me those blue sandals ASAP. 
CALVIN KLEIN
I always look forward to what Costa does every season as a minimalist. I am always intrigued by the way he seamlessly incorporates hardware into his designs; last seasons large, pilgrim-esque belts were replaced by thin, refined buckles for this collection. The collection just makes me want to wear crop tops ad loose maxi skirts everywhere I possibly can for the summer. Bravo. 

images via style.com

xx
INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | FACEBOOK