6.05.2013

RESORT '14 Loves

 REED KRAKOFF
Crisp cuts, a minimal palette, and a prevalence of white make this collection a stunning batch of wearable and, I imagine, comfortable pieces for the ultimate summer/"resort" wardrobe. I've been seeing the perforated textiles for what seems like forever, but the fourth look with the pullover is truly done right. I love the juxtaposition of the knit with the buttery leather; also, something about pure white and simple silhouettes ups the luxe factor by 200%...
 THAKOON
More whites, please! I'm really digging the effortless feel of these garments, from the sheer paneled printed frock to the pale blue jumpsuit with the lace/eyelet overlay. I love how collection is still cohesive with the pure white even with the sudden injection of stark black graphics; those stripes are PERFECTION. (As much as I hate to say it, Thakoon has presented a prime knockoff base for a fast fashion retailer, 4 letters, won't say who, you know... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?)
THEYSKEN'S THEORY
First off, bravo to casting Hanne for this, she complements / fits the clothing so well. I love the play on volume throughout the pieces, from the baggy, oh-so-covetable boyfriend jeans to the wispy floor length dresses. I am absolutely obsessing over the styling of the pieces too. 
DKNY
It seems like the athletic / sporty look isn't going anywhere soon. The baseball caps and occasional menswear inspired silhouette had me thinking Neil Barrett (anyone?). I love the contrast of the masculine and feminine with those stunning paneled frocks. On the other hand, the shoe game is on point... and someone get me that mesh moto jacket right now. 

images via style.com

xx

INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | FACEBOOK