6.24.2013

RESORT '14 IV

MARY KATRANTZOU
Picturesque HDR landscape views and architectural grids on beautifully cut garments? I'll take one of everything. The clash of Mother Nature and manmade structures is seamless in the pairings, from the flower field jacket and the high-rise windowed wrap skirt the contrast of the rose trellis skirt and the structure on the bodice. Another bravo to Katrantzou for successfully executing digital prints season after season.



CHRISTOPHER KANE
Literally every piece in this collection was art. I need that sheer black paneled blouse in the first look in my wardrobe now. I loved the use of the twig-like overlay in the red skirtsuit and the incredible crochet looking flowers and female torsos (who would have thought a naked lady would look so good on a dress?) The primary color palette was a great choice.
Also, congrats to Alexia @ IMG for modeling the collection--she was one of the first models I tested with last year! Bigger things are coming for her, she's got an amazing look. 

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN
A good deviation from frilly and poofy, Burton's resort collection for McQueen was relaxed and chill in all the right ways. The big boxy pockets with flaps looked so good on the outerwear, blouses, and bottoms (I am in LOVE with those dark camel suede? shorts). I got a lot of casual "safari" vibes (in a fabulous way) from the earthy toned pieces. Again, those crop tops making me want to sport them all summer...

PORTS 1961
I've already previously expressed my affinity for "winter whites" in cruise looks and Ports 1961's collection reaffirms that notion 100%. An all white canvas can be so interesting, especially when used in structured pieces like that many pocketed anorak and in mixed textures of, say, silks and knits. Bright florals contrasted with solid colors is great too! 

images via style.com

So June is like the worst month for fashion followers because we've got Resort still going on, Menswear currently going steady, and Couture coming up.
So, I'm sorry if I cause any confusion with my mixed posts! 
More coming soon :)

xx
INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | FACEBOOK